We believe that healthy kids learn better! RVISD School Health is committed to helping you keep your student healthy, in school, and learning. This takes a team effort. Please let us know how we can assist your child with any health needs.
Rio Vista ISD follows the Center for Disease Control and Texas Department of State Health Services guidelines for communicable diseases in a school setting. Students being sent home due to exclusion policies must be picked up immediately. Symptoms requiring exclusion from school:
- Fever of 100.3° or greater (please do not give fever-reducing medications to send students to school).
- Vomiting (unrelated to over-eating, exercise, anxiety, or other non-infectious triggers)
- Diarrhea (unrelated to documented pre-existing gastrointestinal issues or current prescribed medication).
- Yellow discharge from the eye – pink eye*
- Lice or Nits*
- The first 24 hours of antibiotic treatment for infections such as pink eye, strep throat, etc.
- New, undiagnosed rash or skin condition, at the nurse’s discretion, until verified by a healthcare provider that it is not contagious.
- COVID-19 symptoms: (fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste and/or smell, sore throat, weakness, muscle pains, headache, chills)
*Exclusion from school for the first 24 hours After treatment has been established.
Thank you for your cooperation.