Rio Vista ISD Health Services Mission and Vision:
RVISD will partner with our students, parents, administration and community to provide a safe, nurturing, healthy environment that provides high quality healthcare backed by evidence based practice allowing students to learn and be successful.
Our schools are staffed with one full-time R.N., two nursing professionals (one EMT-B & one CMA), and one athletic trainer dedicated to provide every student with individualized health care. Our team provides the very best education as well as care in the following:
- CPR, First Aide, AED, Seizure, Diabetic H.B. 984, Food Allergic S.B. 27 Anaphylaxis Training
- Emergency health services (emergency response team)
- Mandated screenings
- Health assessments for students and staff
- Health education programs for staff and students
- Health resources for parents and staff
- Development of Individual Health Care Plan (IHP)/ Action Plan
- SHAC (School Health Advisory Committee)
- Care for the wide variety of medically fragile students
Our team cooperates with staff, students, and parents to encourage optimal health so that there is maximum utilization of educational opportunities. This site was created to answer questions concerning the Rio Vista ISD Health Services and Procedures for Campus Clinics.